Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Diary Page 8

I probably shouldn't have, but I stayed home today and tried to catch up on my emails and blogging. I sent out the news to the members of the Long Beach Patriots through emails. I probably should have said that. Oops.

It felt good to sit down for a minute. I know this takes a lot of energy and energy I have, but I just wanted to sit down and take it all in. This is not something I will be able to do after I get my candidacy filed.

I am going to have to set up some fundraisers, but how? Who do I know? That is why I called about the list of registered voters. They are going to send me something to fill out, and that costs bucco bucks. Should I try calling LB Republican Party again? They haven't answered my last 2 calls. Nor has the LA County called me back. That's quite alright.

I may not be rewarded anyone, but I sure am keeping score. The Republicans are just as responsible for this fiscal disaster as anyone else. They started it by signing into law (President Bush) the TARP. While he did leave at least half of it, $350,000,000,000, for President Obama, we were calling like crazy telling them not to do it. *sigh*

We have been feeling abandoned by the Republicans anyway. We in the Tea Party are Conservatives, Liberals, and Independents. You cannot put us in a box, we won't allow it.

Oh, I went shopping today for 3 dresses. I figured I should have them for when I need to look proper. *heh* I usually wear jeans. If men can wear them while they're campaigning, so can I. I just won't wear them at a fundraiser or a social function where I'd feel more comfortable in a dress.

My brother went with me to show me where the good stores were. It was pretty cool. We found this cute little thrift store. What? You thought I was going to spend a lot of money on myself? I don't do that. I don't see the need to do that. Except when it comes to shoes. Hey, we've all got to have the one item right? That's mine.

He knows. Someone called me back when about the something, and he overheard me say, "I have to be quiet for a minute. My brother can hear." He said, "Hear you talk about your campaign?" I almost dropped! I was so relieved! We talked, and he decided I should go for it.

I guess it is because he has noticed the calm I have felt ever since I made the decision. Oh, remember I said I was supposed to go to Norwalk to get those registration forms? I forget them. Remembered everything else but those! Ugh. Now I have to wait for them to get here before I can gather signatures. I don't want anyone to have the excuse that they are not registered to vote. *heh*

Please see Page 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite to those with differing views. We all have free speech, however I also reserve the right to remove vulgarity from this page. Have a great day.