Monday, January 11, 2010

My Diary Page 5

Oh boy what a day! I did end up taking a cab there and back. They cab driver was kind enough to wait for me and go everywhere I went. (I also noticed he didn't turn on the meter on the way home.)

We first went to the 2nd floor. There I had to get my petitions in lieu of a $1,740 filing fee. I also handed them one of the papers I had printed out over the weekend but apparently I didn't need the rest just yet. That was going to take about 15 to 20 minutes, so I went to do the other things I needed done.

I had to take the paper she gave me and go somewhere else on the 2nd floor. I also had to fill out another form. I think it was to announce that I was a candidate, but I'm not sure. There were so many papers, I can't remember. It cost $23.

From there I had to go to the 5th floor to get it published. That cost another $140. They publish it for you for one month. That is to make it known that I am running as Welch for Congress 2010. I'm sure the phone calls will start soon. All those people that work making graphics and manage campaigns use those notices to get jobs.

Then we went back to where we started and my petitions were ready. Wonderful! It ran very smoothly. Great job, Norwalk's Registrar office! You guys definitely know what you're doing. A pleasant surprise.

However since I spent my cab fare, I had to ask brother for the cash while on the way home. I borrowed the cab drivers phone. I paid him back when I got upstairs, but holy cow. What an expensive day! ($140 round trip, $20 tip.)

It was a beautiful day today. Everything is set. Now I just have to get 3000 people to sign my petitions! Woohoo! Peace.

Please see Page 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite to those with differing views. We all have free speech, however I also reserve the right to remove vulgarity from this page. Have a great day.